Many of the men here are learning to play canasta. It is a fun card game, easier than bridge. We are playing tonight with another couple.
Very soon you will be watching pair figure skating with the same sex. Silence is acceptance and the church has not stood up enough.
Commentary from reader Gerald Brewster, on Fox News’ Facebook post, “Breaking news: Federal appeals court rules California’s same-sex marriage ban unconstitutional.”
The only thing worse than gay marriage is gay figure skating. Stand up for traditional figure skating values!
Not that I’m watching (I’m at work), but what I can tell from the CNN liveblog, this debate could be subtitled, “Mitt v. Newt: The Playground Tantrums”
When you do move abroad, you will see how pervasive american cutlure is. After a few episodes of East Enders and one or two pub meals you will be appreciate american TV, food, and diversity. when it takes you 4 hours to have lunch in madrid, or waiting for the one bartender to serve 100 people (slowly i might add) you will appreciate the work ethic here. and when you try and fail to cross the border from isreal to lebanon because of religious intollernce, or have to bribe your first cop in croatia, you will appreciate the tollerance and actual LACK of corruption we enjoy here. Angela, I have lived aboad nealy my entire, post-education life, and while there are many things I enjoyed while living in Europe, America has the drive, determination, creativity, and yes, even the culture that so many people desperatly seek. Look at all the big ideas of the last decade. Google, Facebook, groupon, Viagra, ipad. They all originate HERE and there are reasons for that. There is a reason that millions of people want to move here and not china or russia. America invests more in cancer research then the rest of the world combined. America rewards intelligence and hard work, it has allowed me to start two companies in both IT and Biotech even though I have neither a Phd or CS degree. I fear that LA has narrowed your vision of America and what is offered to you here. While no nation is perfect, ours is the only one founded on the belief of indivudial liberty and the right to build whatever life you want for yourself. you should be careful not to think that every other “culture” is superior before you really understand what America is, and how unique a place it really is.
My cousin, on Facebook, in an argument with some stranger. Headdesk. All typos/misspellings/mispunctuations etc., etc. are his.
PS his “entire, post-education life" was about 5 years spent working for a boutique investment firm in London.
THIS IS BLASPHEMOUS. ARE YOU THERE, GOD? IT’S US, STAR WARS FANS. THE REAL ONES. MAKE IT STOP.
Thinking Out Loud About Recent Events At The Baseball Winter Meetings And Their Possible Consequences For The New York Yankees
1. Marlins sign Jose Reyes, ask Hanley Ramirez to change position to 3B.
2. Hanley Ramirez says he doesn’t want to change positions. Doesn’t ask to be traded, but doesn’t NOT ask to be traded.
3. Yankees trade Manny Banuelos, Austin Romine (or Gary Sanchez) and two high-level prospects for Hanley Ramirez. But not Jesus Montero. Well, maybe Jesus Montero, but no. No. No, not Jesus Montero. Take Slade Heathcott, fine, another Triple-A guy, too. Shut up, take them, assholes.
4. Yankees ask Derek Jeter to move to left field to accommodate Ramirez; Jeter, confronted with a great and face-saving opportunity to finally move from shortstop, Captains-up and accepts for his final season before retirement, recognizing the team’s proud, longstanding tradition of tolerating poor defense when a middle infielder can hit this shit out of the ball.
5. Yankees trade Brett Gardner for pitching. No one great, but a decent, number-three-starter-y guy. I love you, Brett. So much. But we have to do it. I’m not crying, you’re crying.
6. Brian Cashman buys me a pony for these great, out-of-the-box ideas. A pretty, pretty pony, which I name Bernie.
7. Hanley Ramirez misses 50+ games for the next two years.
8. Derek Jeter comes out of retirement in 2014, reassumes shortstop, and hits/OBPs/slugs .258 at age 40. But with dignity. Also he dates Elizabeth Olsen.
9. The Red Sox win four consecutive World Series starting in 2012. After each championship, Bobby Valentine takes out a full-page ad in the NY Post in which he angrily points to a giant, engorged, hopefully Photoshopped penis under the words HOW DO YA LIKE ME NOW?
10. A now-destitute Brian Cashman comes over and personally shoots Bernie Pony-Williams in the head with a slaughterhouse bolt-gun.
11. BERNIE PONY-WILLIAMS, NOOOOOOOO!!!!!
12. The Hanley thing’s still kind of a great idea, no?
13. Stop it.
14. I miss my pony.
I CAN’T EVEN.
LOL Oh my God, Seltzer is like so cool now! Is this like a hipster thing all of a sudden? Laughing so hard…this has been a family staple forever, thanks New York Yiddish family!
Many of you have probably heard that a production company is looking to create a new skating reality show, and particularly that it is looking to base the show in Virginia. Whether any skater chooses to participate is up to the individual skater. However, Washington Figure Skating Club (WFSC) would like you to be aware that this production company has created shows that, in the opinion of WFSC, do not always paint the participants in a flattering light. These shows include “Dance Moms,” “Bridezillas,” and “Outrageous Kid Parties.”
an e-mail from my skating club.
Can I just say. AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
No but seriously I want to be on this. I would make the best skatingzilla EVA.